Today, it is almost impossible for a startup or a small business to succeed and make a progress without establishing some soft or online or digital presence. The truth is that not every future business owner and entrepreneur is an expert in establishing an online presence and not every small business can afford to spend its whole budget on a new website, blog or ecommerce site.
Luckily for you, there are lots of free website builders out there specially designed to arm startups and small businesses with all the essential tools they need to launch their own website and attract new potential customers.
We have compiled a list of the best free ecommerce website solutions for small businesses for you to choose from:
- Weebly – This platform has been around for a little while and it is definitely one of the best and most popular website builders on the market. There are no extra costs included in building a new site and even though premium deals do exist, the startups and small businesses are unlikely to need them. One of the best things about this website builder is its intuitive, modern, drag-and-drop interface that makes web development and design dead simple for even the most experienced developers and designers.
- Wix – Another great ecommerce website builder that boasts an easy-to-use and modern interface and it is incredibly popular because the website offers its users a large selection of free design templates and themes to choose from. So, regardless of the industry you are working in, Wix is an ideal option for you. After choosing the perfect template for your type of business, the drag-and-drop feature makes drafting your new ecommerce store a smooth process.
- DudaOne – This is a modern website builder that focuses mostly on producing responsive mobile websites. It comes with intelligent social media integration, clear interface, and a great built-in analytics system. By building your own free ecommerce site, startups and small business owners gain a responsive and fast website.
- SiteBuilder – This is without a doubt one of the most intuitive and simplest website design tools available on the market. Its platform is easy-to-use, user-friendly, and comes with all the essential tools you need to run a great ecommerce website. This website builder also offers basic ecommerce features, as well as, premium plans with a huge range of custom design tools.
- Squarespace – This is a professional and popular website building solution designed for those working in creative industries and business niches. The website has loads of themes and templates geared at musicians, photographers, art venues, and writers. The themes and templates you will find here are pretty visual-based and even though they aren’t quite as customizable as the themes some other builders may offer, the websites built on this platform are some of the most responsive and clean out there.
- Yola – This is a web-based tool that will make your life so much easier. This platform uses a drag-and-drop interface with a few handy widgets and fully-integrated social features. Yola also offers premium packages, so if you want to discover the full potential of this platform, you can upgrade your package and go premium.
- Jimdo – Another popular and well-established website builder which is pretty useful for those with more experience. This website builder allows users to create mobile-friendly and free HTML5 websites. The top strength of the platform is free 500MB of storage. Jimdo also offers great customer support.
There is definitely an ecommerce website builder out there that is perfect for your small business! Make your own research and pick the best one!
Ecommerce Websites Design Assumptions for 2019
You probably have noticed some new website designs and elements taking hold lately and because of this, we have decided to create a list of the most popular predictions for ecommerce websites design trends that are coming this year.
- Bright Colors – Well, this new year will be all about bold colors. Before, businesses and brands tended to stick to traditional and web-safe colors, but 2018 allows you to explore your creativity and be braver when it comes to choosing the colors online. The rise in bold colors in web design is proven to attract the attention of the online users and it is a huge change from the traditional safer color palettes that we are accustomed to. So, this year, you can expect to see more bright and vivid color palettes and brands that are becoming more creative with colors. Small businesses and startups will include vibrancy into their branding with a hope of attracting more attention and new customers.
- Different Scrolling – As you probably know, scrolling is usually used for getting from the top of the website to its bottom. Until now, we have focused on keeping the most important information above the fold, but today all of that is considered as an old-fashioned and it is a design that should slowly disappear. This year, we will focus on different scrolling. Scrolling is a versatile but a pretty effective mechanism and if it is done badly, it can lead to a horrible user experience. One of the most popular predictions this year is that the new styles of scrolling will be big. This is because we want our users to get a better view of the site and it has been proven that big scrolling ads levels of interaction to the visitor journey.
- Boxes – The boxes will not only continue to increase functionality this year bit will also play a huge role in website design as well. In 2018, the boxes should be visual and when utilized in e-commerce websites, they should be used for an attractive and eye-catching call to actions. The boxes should spice up the look and feel of the ecommerce store and make a simple design look more complex, modern, and yet beautiful.
- Custom Illustrations – The illustrations are a versatile addition to an online store. They are a friendly, creative, and visual element that helps increase creativity and add fun to your ecommerce site. If you are looking for a way to create an entire brand identity, look no further as unique styles of custom illustration is without a doubt the best way to do it. In order to give you an idea of how to add illustrations into your online store, try adding them to custom iconography, header photos, animated visuals, and bespoke fonts. You can expect this to be the key trend for 2018 and we can surely predict that this could become a huge part of branding and company identity.
- Video Takeover – A moving photo automatically grabs the attention of the potential customers. Even though a video is far from something new as an invention, it is really a versatile component that is used for storytelling and advertising. The video is taking over the online world and we can expect a lot more of that to happen this year.
Don’t forget to consider these great ecommerce websites design predictions and make sure to use them to improve your site and boost your online business.
Read More Articles About E-commerce Platforms to Create an Online Business
Tips on E-commerce platforms: Benefits & Downsides of Selling Products Online Through Dropshipping Companies
Benefits Selling products online has accorded business owners the opportunity to reach a wider audience. Because of this, businesses have been able to scale their
Today, it is almost impossible for a startup or a small business to succeed and make a progress without establishing some soft or online or